The Reserve Bank of India invites applications from eligible candidates for 610 posts of “Assistant” in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive Examination in two phases i.e. Preliminary and Main examination followed by an Interview.
Applications will be accepted only Online through the Bank’s website.
Important Dates :
Website Link Open : 07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016
Payment of Examination Fees (Online) : 07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016
Schedule of Online Preliminary Test (Tentative) : December 23 & 24, 2016.
Schedule of Online Main Test (Tentative) : January 2017.
However RBI reserves the right to change the dates of examination.
RESERVE BANK OF INDIA RECRUITMENT FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for the post of Assistant in Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Candidates may click on the link below for filling in the online application form.
“Recruitment for the post of Assistant”
1. Application form
Before applying, Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the post. Candidates are requested to apply online through Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in
List Of State Wise Vacancies RBI Assistants
The vacancies in brackets() indicate backlog
Eligibility Criteria :
(a) Age (as on 07.11.2016)
Between 20 and 28 years. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 08/11/1988 and not later than 07/11/1996 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit:
Upper age limit will be relaxed as under :
|Sr. No||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|(v)||Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|(vi)||Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989.||By 5 years|
|(vii)||Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.|
NOTE: Cumulative Age Relaxation will not be available either under the above items or in combination with any other items.
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview.
(b) Educational Qualifications (as on 07.11.2016):
i) At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
ii) A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
iii) Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
(c) Scheme of Selection:
a. Preliminary Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
b. Main Examination:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40|
c. Interview: 35 Marks
i) The above main online tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
ii) Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests of the online examinations
iii) A candidate has to qualify in Preliminary Examination for appearing in Main Examination.
iv) There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests (Preliminary and Main examination).1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
v) Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter for examination from the RBI’s website.
vi) Roll No. of the candidates successful in preliminary online examination will be made available on RBI’s website in January 2017. The Roll No. of candidates successful in main online examination will be available on RBI’s website and a brief notice thereof will be published on the Bank’s website in February/March 2017.
vii) Only such number of candidates will be called for interview who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective Tests, such merit being decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies to be filled in.
viii) Final selection will be on the basis of candidate's performance in the online main examination and interview taken together in order of merit.
Selected Candidates will draw a starting basic pay of ₹ 14650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates only) in the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years) and other allowances , viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible from time to time. At present, initial monthly Gross emoluments for Assistants is approximately ₹ 32124/-
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Non- Refundable)
Payable from 07.11.2016 to 28.11.2016 (Online payment)
- ₹ 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXS. (Intimation Charges)
- ₹ 450/- for OBC/General candidates (Examination fee+ Intimation Charges)
Staff candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee and intimation charges.
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate.
1. Candidates may go to the RBI website www.rbi.org.in and click on the option "Recruitment for the post of Assistant" which will open a new screen.
2. To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
3. In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
4. Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
5. The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
6. Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
7. Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
8. Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
9. Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
10. Modify details, if required, and click on 'FINAL SUBMIT' ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
11. Click on 'Payment' Tab and proceed for payment.
12. Click on 'Submit' button.
For More Infrmation regarding RBI Assistant Recruitment 2016 , Download Official Notification Pdf Below
The full text of the advertisement is available on the Banks’ website www.rbi.org.in and is also being published in the Employment News/Rojgar Samachar.
Subscribe Now - Get Daily Updates - GK Quiz - Exam Notifications !